Let Your Light Shine!
Without volunteers, there would be no Kansas Mennonite Relief Sale.
There are many ways you can get involved with the KMRS, from organizing and overseeing various projects right down to the very last detail!
Sign Up to Volunteer Here
Additional Service Opportunities for 2021
Check out the additional ways to help out below and let your church liaison know if you (or someone you know!) is able to help fill one of these key positions for this year’s sale.
The Big Slide on the Fairgrounds will be open for children Friday, July 2, 4:00 – 8:00; and Saturday, July 3, 8:00 – 1:00. They could use 4 to 5 volunteers to help the children sit on their rugs and to help at the bottom of the slide. This would be a great service project for a youth group! The more volunteers we have, the more MCC will earn from the slide. Volunteers can sign up for the whole time or an hour or two at a time. Let me know if you have someone interested in helping and what time slot.We could also use someone in the Pride of Kansas building to collect money for the Mini Golf and to periodically check the tables for cleanliness and throwing out trash. This would be for Saturday for the following time slots:8:00 – 10:0010:00 – 12:0012:00 – 1:00Please let me know if you or anyone else is willing to fill this need.Thanks,Barb BJ ReevesKMRS Secretary
Information Booth Volunteers. Open slots are: on Friday, 6:00 – 8:00 and on Saturday, 8:00 – 10:00; 10:00 – 12:00; 12:00 – 2:00Information will be provided to answer questions.
- Quilt Building set up – set up quilt stage and display racks, tables, benches, booths. Training will be provided along with labor help
- Meadowlark North pie and ice cream booth
- Sunflower South Superintendent (one year commitment) – oversee booth set up, stock restrooms, manage building sale weekend
- Pride of Kansas Superintendent (one year commitment) – oversee children’s activities and auction
- State Fair Shuttles – Tractor drivers will be needed at the Kansas State Fair this fall.